Covenant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the AQW Guild, Covenant

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Member of the Month: August: Lareios
Guild/Forum Feedback 178-47
Latest topics
» Guild Disbanded
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:49 pm by Shiichiroke

» AEF Code
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 am by Hollow Vi Britannia

» Yo peoples whats up
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 am by Shiichiroke

» The Lounge
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:58 pm by Haine

» Theme Change
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 pm by Haine

» Rukia , Shinigami
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:52 am by lareios

» Member Of the Month : Oct
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:09 am by Haine

» What did you achieve in AQWs today?
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:56 am by drake hemmings

» You Laugh, You Lose
Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:59 pm by Haine

Top posters
Haine
Guild/Forum Feedback I_vote_lcapGuild/Forum Feedback I_voting_barGuild/Forum Feedback I_vote_rcap 
Shiichiroke
Guild/Forum Feedback I_vote_lcapGuild/Forum Feedback I_voting_barGuild/Forum Feedback I_vote_rcap 
Xthrax
drake hemmings
Hollow Vi Britannia
Watashig
lareios
Dragon Warrior Toa
The Sword Saint
Wolf
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Guild/Forum Feedback

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Watashig
Administrator

Guild/Forum Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Old thread: https://covenant.forummotion.com/t181-suggestions

Yeah, I wanted to open up a new thread to keep things fresh; the guild has transitioned quite a bit lately. I also didn't want to recycle someone else's thread from all the way back in '11, ahaha.

ANYWAYS!

I'm looking for any feedback, suggestions, or anything of the sort about the guild or forums. Concerned about rules? Something feels sloppy? Have a great idea to improve things! Go ahead and shoot here! Smile
Back to top Go down
drake hemmings
Star Commander
Star Commander
drake hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:09 am

I have a suggestion how about we set a schedule something that is happening all through the week. Some ideals like boss hunting , quests, badges stuff like that even might be persuaded to do a guild raffle every month for some artix points just to keep our guild interesting and different from the rest. Also recruiting people in the game for the guild, getting our message out to the people. There are a lot of people that don't even know this game has a forum. Also I am to understand that the guilds server is minimal, So lets show them that we own that server.

Expanding on the raffle this is how I think it should work. It should be on a point system, every time you help the guild by recruiting a person of worth, or help a guild member take down a boss, or do a quest, or earn a badge you get a point limit of 5 points a day, one for each activity.
Also keeping a activity log to record how active you are that way we see who puts in the extra effort so they can be rewarded.

Again these are just suggestion, if you see or find a better way to do this or explain it then by all means do it. These are just some ideals I got from other guilds, mind you they were for World of Warcraft and I'm trying to translate that in to Adventure Quest Worlds.

Don't flame me to bad affraid
Back to top Go down
drake hemmings
Star Commander
Star Commander
drake hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Also maybe set up a guide/tutorial section for hard quests or a boss strategy.
Back to top Go down
Xthrax
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
Xthrax

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

A guide or tutorial for storyline or bosses sounds good Smile I can help with that as I'm up to date with the storyline(not mem) and finished all major bosses. Very Happy
I don't 'bout class guides or best classes to solo bosses or classes for parties as such as I just completed everything with what I had & people available in that zone at that point of time.
Also we could do major quest chain guides such as tercess or juggernaut(can help as I'm almost done with my jugg) or Dage's legion or any other side story quests(J6, giant, xan etc.). If someone has an idea about the BLOD or Seppy's armour chain we could create a guide or tutorial to help new players Very Happy
Also nice work in categorising the forums into Oblivion Library, archives and such Watashig Very Happy
~Xthrax
Back to top Go down
drake hemmings
Star Commander
Star Commander
drake hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 pm

That would be fantastic, I have been through almost everything so maybe we could get together on this and make some kick ass guides and tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Watashig
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:39 am

Hmm... game guides I'd vote against. I don't like confining it here and I think contributing to the whole community in the forums will be better. You can argue with me on this if you want, and I'll elaborate.

It would be nice to make a name for ourselves and to become more active. Raffles sound nice too, but it should only be a small incentive, and not something that should affect behavior and have people insincerely try to get rewards. I'd rather not risk the possible negative stuff if we're gonna have entries based on participation.

And then there's the problem of deciding who's the sponsor. No thanks.

Of course, no flaming will happen on my watch. This is to be constructive; at worst your idea will be shot down.

Sorry for shooting your ideas down, but just keep any ideas you got coming.
Back to top Go down
Xthrax
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
Xthrax

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Oh and I looked forward to guides, oh well. But Wata is right, we shouldn't restrict it to our guild alone. Guides should be for the entire community and I'm fine with that.

On the topic of raffles, Do you mean to involve people in our guild to participate and also someone to act as sponsor to give artix points as certificate or do you mean to get people outside the guild involved.

On new ideas, Wata do you remember the last guild meeting where we discussed the concept of inter-guild competitions such as PvP through Amaterasu so that our guild becomes well-known? Also we had the concept of invite-only membership in guild. There were some more ideas which I don't remember but I remember thinking at that time that they were good. If maybe we could put them into practice, it we would be great.
Back to top Go down
drake hemmings
Star Commander
Star Commander
drake hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 am

First things first the game caters to members so if we are going to make a name for ourselves we all need to be able to experience the entire game. I do agree with putting the guides in the battleon forums but as far as boss strategy and pro tips I feel like that should stay in the guild. On the raffle subject maybe I need to be clearer on it, set some ground rules. I don't mind being a sponsor it would be 10.00 a month that will not break me secondly you would have to be active with membership and be in the guild at least 1 month with good standing and lastly you would get 1 raffle ticket that way everyone has an equal chance to win. As far as human behavior I can't control that So with that being said that's my ideal for raffle.

Now I know that not everyone has the money or the time considering jobs, school and life with that being said I am understanding and sympathetic to it but guild presence is not only a show of power but its to let people know hey we exist in game and not just on the forums. So maybe we could schedule a day to all be in game rep farming, or killing bosses, quests something also every release we should do as a guild.

Now when it comes to PvP I have a better ideal for that instead of fighting each other we fight other guilds and prove our self's as PvP Gods taking down every guild that we challenge or every guild that challenges us and you could even make a new user group for the PvPers and have a section to discuss PvP strategy, hell the PvP tournament is the perfect time to see were everyone's ability's are. I know that this is not a PvP guild but it is a good way to get our name out there and earn some in game rep besides the forums not saying we haven't already but every little bit counts.

Ofcourse this is in respose to Watashig and Xthrax also pending Lord Hollow's approval and the rest of the guild. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xthrax
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
Xthrax

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Drake, I agree with your many of your ideas. (Brace yourself wall of text) Very Happy

On the subject of guides, I too feel that guides based on our own experiences for our guild is a good idea, but what Wata says does make sense. Guides should be something the whole community can use. Unless Hollow has ideas different, we should follow Wata's judgement on this.

Another thing is that I don't think we must insist on compulsory membership for all members of the guild. 3/4th of the game is open to non-mems, and we don't always get the short end of the stick often. I've been in the guild for 4 months now, been pretty active and besides me many others in guild are active non-mems too. I agree that the entire game is not open to us or all the items and stuff, but then we can make do. The reason I don't get mem is that, being a student I don't technically earn money as such and my parents who would pay in my stead do not believe in spending real money for a online game which in their eyes is a matter of pixels on a computer before which I spend some part of each day. And for many others there could be reasons such as unaffordability. So I feel this shouldn't be a part of stuff in our guild.

On the rest of the subject i.e; the raffle, if you are willing to sponsor artix points certificates, I can't see why we shouldn't go ahead with it. One ticket per person would limit the chance for misuse by people trying insincerly to get the rewards. And if criteria can be established like particpation in guild activities, activeness we can determine the people going in for this. It could be like the SUATMR contest or we could have it contest-like based on ingame stuff.

On the topic of PvP, fighting other guild is exactly what I said. I said that we could try PvP through Amaterasu and maybe we should go ahead with it as it was discussed in last meeting. Drake, in case you didn't get it Amaterasu is a council of guilds(the specific guilds in it I don't clearly recollect, but its mentioned on our forum page). Particpating in an inter-guild PvP competitions is a good way to get ourselves well known I feel. On the forums we are the biggest guild in terms of pages in use(in terms of population I'm not sure but I think we rank big). We could go for this after the PvP tournament within the guild so we could see everyone strength.

I dunno about an user group for PvPers within the guild but I think we could start organising an army of our strongest players. A thread for discussion sounds great though. All of this guild competition and guild recognition would start once Guilds phase 2 starts, but we can do stuff ahead.

Frequent ingame meetings for doing releases sounds good, if we plan anything I'm game-but a problem would be deciding a time as the timezones are different.

Lastly of course this all based on Hollow's final decision as he is leader. So I'm game for anything.
Cheers Very Happy
~Xthrax

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Forum Feedback   Guild/Forum Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild/Forum Feedback
Page 1 of 1